INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS DIVISION
Here to help
Alpha Labour Solutions is managed by Wayne Bolton, who founded the company. Wayne has over 27 years of corporate experience, in the fields of Human Resources, Industrial Relations and General Management.
Wayne studied at the University of Natal where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts (Psychology and English) followed by a Post-Graduate Diploma in Industrial Relations. In 2014 he passed the accredited CCMA Commissioners training course, the Certificate In Labour Law Practice (NMMU) with an 80% aggregate.
He entered the Industrial Relations arena in 1988 and witnessed first hand the changes in legislation including the advent of the CCMA.
He believes in professional and ethical business practices. Alpha Labour Solutions is registered with the Department of Labour and is a member of Unashamedly Ethical.
In the corporate environment, Wayne has handled the full spectrum of the industrial relations function including:
- Strike handling
- Disciplinary hearings and appeals
- Retrenchment and restructuring exercises
- Contract drafting
- CCMA matters (representing a large corporation in Conciliation and Arbitration matters)
- Industrial relations training
- Collective agreement negotiations and maintenance. Wayne sat on a National Wage Negotiations Team for 4 years (with unions FAWU and SACCAWU) as well as a National Collective Agreement negotiation team
- Chairman of corporate Management/Shop Steward, health and safety and employment equity meetings
He runs his own business and therefore has a good understanding of business processes and the importance of efficiencies and good labour relations.
Over the years, Wayne has chaired many disciplinary hearings at all levels, and this is therefore an area of specialisation for him. He has clients across various industrial sectors including: FMCG; banking; services; manufacturing and retail.
Wayne is a family man who has a passion for conservation - he is a member of the SANParks Honorary Rangers of Addo and served as Chairman of this group.
Our professional services include:
- Drafting Notices of Disciplinary Notices.
- Performance Management.
- Employment contracts.
- Disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Chairing of Disciplinary Hearings/ Appeals and Grievances.
- Disciplinary investigations and acting as Initiator.
- Industrial Relations Training.
- Testifying at CCMA or Bargaining Council.
- Handling of dispute resolution at CCMA or Bargaining Council where possible.
- Union negotiations.